Learn more about Qatar Pearl
The Pearl in Doha, Qatar is a $2.5bn artificial island being constructed off the coast of the West Bay Lagoon area in Doha. The name is derived from the style which the artificial island takes, as it takes the shape of a string of pearls. The Pearl will have a Riviera themed architectural style, and will include 10 themed districts. The project covers 985 acres and will provide over 40 kilometers of new coastline. The project is expected to be fully completed in late 2009, with the first stage of development to be completed by late 2006. The Pearl will be able to accommodate up to 30,000 residents when completed and is being developed by the United Development Company (UDC).
 Main Features
- 7,600 residential units which can accommodate up to 30,000 residents.
- 60,000 square meters of retail and restaurant space.
- Riviera themed residences, including luxury apartments, villas, townhouses, and penthouses.
- Three marinas which can accommodate up to 700 yachts.
- Three five star hotels.
- Many services for residents including entertainment, dining, retail and education.
- 4-lane highway linking The Pearl to the West Bay area of Doha.
 See Also
 External links