Learn more about Public Safety
Public Safety involves the protection of the general population from all manners of significant danger, injury, damage or harm, such as may occur in a natural disaster, and the prevention of the same. Although this protection is provided by those traditional organizations known as Emergency Services: the police, fire and rescue, and ambulance, in the preventative sense "public safety" must be the priority of all those who, in any way, engineer circumstances for others.
There is not a world civil protection authority or a common world emergency number.
 See also
- Emergency telephone number
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Office of Emergency Management
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Department of Public Safety
- Common Alerting Protocolde:Notfall