Learn more about Nestor
The name Nestor may have one of the following meanings:
- The name Nestor is Greek in Origin.
- The name Nestor originally derived from Ancient Greece.
- Nestor is a male name in Greek and is used in many Spanish & Latin American Nations.
- In Greek mythology, Nestor was the son of Neleus, the King of Pylos and Chloris. See Nestor (mythology).
- Nestor the Chronicler is a compiler of the Primary Chronicle of the East Slavic peoples.
- Nestorius (c.386–c.451) was Patriarch of Constantinople.
- Saint Nestor
- Nestor, modern form Nestoras, is an archaeological site and a municipality in the west-south-western part of Messenia.
- Nestor is the name of a popular cabaret/drag bar at the Yumbo Centrum shopping complex in Playa del Inglés, Gran Canaria.
- Nestor is a West Cornwall Railway steam locomotive.
- Nestor Project (Neutrino Extended Submarine Telescope with Oceanographic Research)
- The Institute of Astroparticle Physics Nestor in the town of Pylos in Greece operates a deep sea Neutrino telescope in the Ionian Sea.
- Nestor is a fictional character from Belgian artist Hergé's renowned The Adventures of Tintin comic strip books.
- In the Star Trek universe, a Nestor is a legal advisor to the offender in Cardassian criminal trials. Unlike the defense lawyer, the Nestor is barred from directly addressing the tribunal.