Learn more about Interior minister
An interior minister is the member of a country's government typically responsible for policing, national security, and immigration matters. In some countries, matters relating to the maintenance of law and order and the administration of justice are the responsibility of a separate justice minister.
In countries with a federal constitution, an interior minister will often be found at both the federal and state levels. Similarly, autonomous entities and dependent territories may also have interior ministers; an example is Hong Kong (a special administrative region of the People's Republic of China), which has a Secretary for Security.
The equivalent departments in the United States are the Department of Homeland Security and the Justice Department; before the former department was formed, it was solely the responsibility of Justice.
 Related articles and lists of ministers
- Minister of Citizenship and Immigration (Canada) - immigration issues and enforcement
- Minister of Justice (Canada) - includes the office of the Attorney General of Canada
- Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness - includes the RCMP, border control, Solicitor General's office
- Minister of the Municipalities and Regional Development (Hungary) (önkormányzati és területfejlesztési miniszter) since 9 June 2006
- Italian Minister of the Interior (Ministro degli Interni)
- Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications (since 2001)
- Jabatan Perdana Menteri - Bahagian Keselamatan Negara (Prime Minister's Office - State Security Division)
- Kementerian Keselamatan Dalam Negeri (Ministry of Homeland Security)
- Kementerian Hal Ehwal Dalam Negeri (Ministry of Home Affairs)
- Minister of the Interior (Wazir-e-Dakhila)
- Head of the Federal Department of the Interior
- Secretary of State for the Home Department (UK Wide/England and Wales)
- Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (Northern Ireland)
- Minister for Justice (Scotland)
- Attorney General - includes the FBI, DEA, ATF and other federal law enforcement agencies, as well as federal prosecution and defense services in federal courts.
- Secretary of Homeland Security - includes national security matters, immigration, and disaster preparedness or response agencies.
 See also
- Department of Public Safety
- New Zealand Minister of Internal Affairs
- Secretary for Home Affairs (Hong Kong)de:Innenminister