Minister of the Economy, Finance and Industry (France)
Learn more about Minister of the Economy, Finance and Industry (France)
Government of France
|President of the Republic|
|Presidents of the Senate|
The Minister of the Economy, Finance and Industry (Ministre de l'Economie, des Finances et de l'Industrie), or Minister of Finances for short, is one of the most prominent positions in the cabinet of France after the Prime Minister.
The exact title of the minister has varied throughout time; it may not always include "economy" and "industry", but it always includes "Finances".
The Minister of Finances supervises:
- the preparation of the finance law (budget), which is then submitted to Parliament for amendment and final approval;
- the taxation system;
- the financial assets of the State;
- the accounting of the State and all public bodies (comptabilité publique).
The current Minister of the Economy, Finance and Industry is Thierry Breton.
 See also
- List of Finance Ministers of France
- Superintendent of Finances - French Minister of Finance 1561- 1661
- Controller-General of Finances - French Minister of Finance 1661 - 1791de: Finanzministerium (Frankreich)