Learn more about Locus Award
The Locus Awards are presented to winners of Locus Magazine's annual readers' poll, which was established in the early '70s specifically to provide recommendations and suggestions to Hugo Awards voters. Over the decades the Locus Awards have often drawn more voters than the Hugos and Nebulas combined. In recent years Locus Awards are presented at an annual banquet, and unlike any other award, explicitly honor publishers of winning works with certificates.
Following authors won the most awards in the "fiction" area as of July 2005.
 more than 10 awards
 3 - 9 awards
- John Varley (9), Connie Willis (9),
- Orson Scott Card (8) , Lucius Shepard (8)
- Kim Stanley Robinson (6)
- Robert Silverberg (5), Neil Gaiman (5), David Brin (5)
- Isaac Asimov (4), Joe Haldeman (4), Larry Niven (4), Gene Wolfe (4)
- Michael Bishop (3), Greg Egan (3), Stephen King (3), Lois McMaster Bujold (3), Tim Powers (3)
- Locus Award for Best Novel
- Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel
- Locus Award for Best Fantasy Novel
- Locus Award for Best First Novel
- Locus Award for Best Short Story