Learn more about League
League can mean:
- League (unit), an obsolete unit of length of an hour's walk: usually equal to three miles.
However, the Roman league valued the half; exactly 1.5 Roman miles, i.e. 7500 Roman feet.
- League (Inner Mongolia), an administrative division in Inner Mongolia
League is also a collective entity, for example:
A group of individuals
- League of Women Voters
- The Red-Headed League, a story by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, a graphic novel written by Alan Moore and illustrated by Kevin O'Neill (or the film based upon same).
- The League, a Paris-based rock band.
- The League of the Scarlet Pimpernel
- The Justice League of America, a popular American superhero team and comic book published by DC Comics
- League of Spiritual Discovery, a Baltimore-based arts and politics group
A sports competition in which each team plays all the other teams (first used by The Football League in 1888)
A group of countries with a common purpose