Learn more about June
Template:JuneCalendar2017 June is the sixth month of the year in the Gregorian calendar, with a length of 30 days. The month is named after the Roman goddess Juno, wife of Jupiter and equivalent to the Greek goddess Hera. See:- Months in various calendars
At the start of June, the sun rises in the constellation of Taurus; at the end of June, the sun rises in the constellation of Gemini. However, due to the precession of the equinoxes, June begins with the sun in the astrological sign of Gemini, and ends with the sun in the astrological sign of Cancer.
 Events in June
- The first Monday in June is one of the public holidays in the Republic of Ireland; in the Irish Calendar the month is called Meitheamh and is the middle month of the summer season.
- The solstice called the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere occurs on dates varying from 20 June to 22 June (in UTC). In the pagan wheel of the year the summer solstice is the time of Litha and the winter solstice is that of Yule.
- Midsummer is celebrated in Sweden on the third Friday in June.
- Most United States schools end for summer break.
- Father's Day is celebrated in Belgium on the second Sunday in June. In the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Ireland and Canada it is celebrated on the third Sunday in June.
- Gay pride celebrations take place in many countries in honor of the Stonewall riots.
- The majority of the Portland Rose Festival occurs.
- Bloomsday is celebrated on June 16 in Ireland and worldwide among fans of James Joyce's Ulysses.
- Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day is celebrated in Quebec on June 24.
- Flag Days of Sweden (June 6), United States (June 14 – see Flag Day in the United States), Denmark (June 15), Argentina (June 20), and Romania (June 26).
- Juneteenth, aka Freedom Day or Emancipation Day, is celebrated on (June 19), primarily in Texas.
- World Cup kicks off (Football (soccer)).
- NHL Playoffs and the Stanley Cup (Ice hockey).
- NBA Playoffs (Basketball).
- U.S. Open (golf).
- Philippine Independence Day is on June 12.
 Monthlong Events in June
- National Rivers Month, established by Tom's of Maine to inspire support and stewardship for America's troubled rivers and waterways.
- National Safety Month in the United States, created by the National Safety Council.
- National Rose Month in the United States.
- National Dairy Month in the United States.
- In the nineteenth century, June was devoted to the worship of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ in Roman Catholic countries.
- No other month begins on the same day of the week as June.
- June's flower is the rose or honeysuckle.
- June in the Northern Hemisphere is the seasonal equivalent to December in the Southern Hemisphere and vice versa.
- June's birthstone is the pearl, Alexandrite, or moonstone.
- June is also a song by Spock's Beard.
- June is also a band under Victory Records.
- June 31st is Weasel Stomping Day according to "Weird Al" Yankovic. The day, much to the relief of the weasels, does not exist.
 External linksaf:Junie
als:Juni ang:Sēremōnaþ ar:يونيو an:Chunio ast:Xunu az:İyun be:Чэрвень bs:Juni br:Mezheven bg:Юни ca:Juny cv:Çĕртме cs:Červen co:Ghjugnu cy:Mehefin da:Juni de:Juni et:Juuni el:Ιούνιος es:Junio eo:Junio eu:Ekain fa:ژوئن fo:Juni fr:Juin fy:Juny fur:Zugn ga:Meitheamh gd:An t-Og-mhios gl:Xuño ko:6월 hy:Հունիս hi:जून hr:Lipanj io:Junio ilo:Junio id:Juni ia:Junio ie:Junio is:Júní it:Giugno he:יוני jv:Juni kn:ಜೂನ್ ka:ივნისი csb:Czerwińc kw:Mys Metheven sw:Juni ku:Pûşper la:Iunius lv:Jūnijs lb:Juni lt:Birželis li:Juni hu:Június mg:Jiona ml:ജൂണ് mi:Pipiri mr:जून ms:Jun nl:Juni nds-nl:Juni ja:6月 nap:Giùgno no:Juni nn:Juni nov:June oc:Junh nds:Juni pl:Czerwiec pt:Junho ro:Iunie ru:Июнь se:Geassemánnu sco:Juin sq:Qershori scn:Giugnu simple:June sk:Jún sl:Junij sr:Јун fi:Kesäkuu sv:Juni tl:Hunyo ta:ஜூன் tt:Yün te:జూన్ th:มิถุนายน vi:Tháng sáu tg:Июн tpi:Jun tr:Haziran uk:Червень ur:جون vo:Yunul wa:Djun zh-yue:6月 bat-smg:Biržielis zh:6月