Learn more about July
July begins (astrologically) with the sun in the sign of Cancer and ends in the sign of Leo. Astronomically speaking, the sun begins in the constellation of Gemini and ends in the constellation of Cancer.
July was renamed for Julius Caesar, who was born in that month. Previously, it was called Quintilis in Latin, since it was the fifth month in the ancient Roman calendar, before January become the first month of the calendar year (the year when displayed as twelve months in order) during the time of the decemvirs about 450 BC. In the pagan wheel of the year July ends at or near to Lughnasadh in the northern hemisphere and Imbolc in the southern hemisphere.
 July Events
- Canada Day in Canada (July 1)
- July Morning in Bulgaria (July 1)
- Independence Day in the United States (July 4)
- Independence Day in Venezuela (July 5)
- San Fermín in Pamplona/Spain (July 7)
- Tanabata in Japan (July 7)
- Independence Day in Argentina (July 9)
- Independence Day in Peru (July 28)
- Bastille Day in France (July 14)
- National kids day in Canada and United States (July 6)
 Month-long events in July
- Tour de France
- Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- National Hot Dog Month (United States)
- Anti-Boredom Month
- National Culinary Arts Month
- National Picnic Month
- National Ice Cream Month (United States)- thanks to President Reagan 1984
- Nutrition Month (The Philippines)
 Other names
- In the Irish Calendar the month is called Iúil and is the third and last month of the Summer season.
- The Welsh name for July is Gorffennhaf which means end of the summer.
- In Finnish, the month is called heinäkuu, meaning "month of hay".
- July begins on the same day of the week as April every year and also January in leap years.
- July's flower is the water lily or larkspur.
- July's birthstone is the ruby.
- July in the Northern Hemisphere is the seasonal equivalent to January in the Southern Hemisphere and vice versa.
 See alsonov:Julie
af:Julie als:Juli ang:Mǣdmōnaþ ar:يوليو an:Chulio ast:Xunetu az:İyul be:Ліпень bs:Juli bg:Юли ca:Juliol cv:Утă ceb:Hulyo cs:Červenec cy:Gorffennaf da:Juli de:Juli et:Juuli el:Ιούλιος es:Julio eo:Julio eu:Uztail fa:ژوئیه fo:Juli fr:Juillet fy:July fur:Lui ga:Iúil gd:An t-Iuchar gl:Xullo ko:7월 hr:Srpanj io:Julio id:Juli ia:Julio ie:Juli is:Júlí it:Luglio he:יולי jv:Juli kn:ಜುಲೈ ka:ივლისი csb:Lëpinc kw:Mys Gortheren ku:Tîrmeh la:Iulius lv:Jūlijs lb:Juli lt:Liepa li:Juli lmo:Lüj hu:Július mi:Hōngongoi mr:जुलै ms:Julai nl:Juli nds-nl:Juli ja:7月 nap:Luglio no:Juli nn:Juli nrm:Juilet oc:Julhet nds:Juli pl:Lipiec pt:Julho ro:Iulie qu:Anta situwa killa ru:Июль se:Suoidnemánnu sco:Julie sq:Korriku scn:Giugnettu simple:July sk:Júl sl:Julij sr:Јул fi:Heinäkuu sv:Juli tl:Hulyo tt:Yül te:జూలై th:กรกฎาคม vi:Tháng bảy tpi:Julai tr:Temmuz uk:Липень ur:جولائی uz:Iyul vo:Yulul wa:Djulete bat-smg:Lėipa zh:7月