Learn more about Ethnic violence
|War on Terrorism|
Ethnic violence (also known as ethnic terrorism or ethnically-motivated terrorism) refers to violence that is predominantly motivated by causes and issues related to ethnic hatred. Ethnic violence is related to political violence, and often the terms are interchangeable in a local context where reference to ethnicity is considered minimal or improper.
"Racist terrorism" is a form of ethnic violence which is typically dominated by overt forms of racism and xenophobic reactionism. This form typically involves attacks on minorities, and hold an association with right-wing extremism.
- Combat 18, United Kingdom
- The Order, United States
- Ku Klux Klan, United States
- Jewish Defense League, USA and Israel (Kach Movement) Kach and Kahane Chai
- Hammerskins, International
- Serb Paramilitary groups i.e. Arkan's White tigers and many more
- APLA, South Africa
- Death Angels, United States
- Don Black (nationalist) and Operation Red Dog
- Westboro Baptist Church
- 2006 Moscow market bombing, Russia
- Riots in Kondopoga, Karelia, Russia in 2006