Deaths in 2006
Learn more about Deaths in 2006
The following is a list of notable deaths in 2006. Links to other years follow.
Please place names under the date the deceased died, not the date the death was announced. Please keep names under each date in alphabetical order by last name. Review Wikipedia notability guidelines before adding a listing. If the deceased does not have a Wikipedia article, consider adding a link to a source about the deceased which describes his or her eminence.
- Mariska Veres, 59, Dutch singer of Shocking Blue, hit #1 at the Billboard Hot 100 in 1970 with "Venus", cancer.   (Dutch)
- George J. Graham, 66, political theorist at Vanderbilt University, lung cancer. 
- Claude Jade, 58, French actress who starred in several François Truffaut films, metastasized eye cancer. 
- Terry O'Hanlon, 64, British journalist for the Sunday Mirror, leukemia. 
- Ali Khan Samsudin, 48, "Snake King" of Malaysia, venomous snakebite. 
See Deaths in July 2006.
See Deaths in June 2006.
See Deaths in May 2006.
See Deaths in April 2006.
See Deaths in March 2006.
 External links
- Obituaries on general news websites
- Specialised websites
cy:Marwolaethau diweddar de:Nekrolog 2006 et:In memoriam 2006 el:Θάνατοι το 2006 fr:Décès en 2006 id:Daftar tokoh yang meninggal dunia pada tahun 2006 nl:2006#Overleden ja:訃報 2006年 no:Nylig avdøde pl:Zmarli w roku 2006 pt:2006#Falecimentos ru:Умершие в 2006 sk:Aktuálne úmrtia fi:Äskettäin kuolleita sv:Nyligen avlidna zh-yue:2006年死 zh:Portal:逝世公告