Learn more about 2011
|Centuries:||20th Century · 21st century · 22nd century|
|Decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|Years:||2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014|
|2011 by topic:|
|News by month|
|Jan - Feb - Mar - Apr - May - Jun |
Jul - Aug - Sep - Oct - Nov - Dec
|Architecture - Art - Literature - Music (Country, UK) - Film - Television - Home video|
|Elections - Int'l leaders - Politics - State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Science and technology|
|Archaeology - Aviation - Birding/Ornithology - Meteorology - Rail transport - Science - Spaceflight|
|Sport - Australian Football League - Baseball - Football (soccer) - Ice Hockey - Motor Racing - Tennis|
|Africa - Argentina - Australia - Canada - Denmark - India - Iraq - Ireland - Japan - Luxembourg - Malaysia - Mexico - New Zealand - Philippines - Singapore - South Africa - Switzerland - United Kingdom -Wales - Zimbabwe|
|Deaths - Awards - Gay rights - Games - Law - Religious leaders - Video gaming|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
 Predicted and scheduled events
New Zealand will hold the Rugby World Cup
- 1 January - Poland set to adopt the Euro.
- January 2 - Conjunction between Jupiter and Uranus, Jupiter 34' south. Third conjunction of triple conjunction Jupiter/Uranus.
- January 3 - The 112th session of the United States Congress will convene on or around this date.
- January 4 - Partial solar eclipse
- February - Alpine World Ski Championships 2011 in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany.
- February 6 - Super Bowl XLV
- February 18 - 10th anniversary of the crash leading to Dale Earnhardt's death.
- March 18 - NASA's Pluto probe New Horizons will cross the orbit of Uranus, after 5 years journey. This will be faster than Voyager 2, which spent 8 years.
- NASA's MESSENGER spacecraft is scheduled to arrive in orbit around Mercury.
- The remaining sections of Kyushu Shinkansen and Tōhoku Shinkansen, both Japanese high speed rail lines are scheduled to start services. When these tracks are completed, Aomori, (the northernmost part of Honshu Island), and Kagoshima, (the southernmost part of Kyushu Island), will both be linked by Shinkansen service through Tokyo.
- April 2-4 - NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four to be held at Reliant Stadium in Houston, Texas.
- April 8-21 - Cricket World Cup to be held in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
- April 24 - Easter will not have fallen this late since 1943.
- April 28 - The 400th anniversary of the establishment of the University of Santo Tomas in Manila, Philippines.
- May 5 - Elections for the Scottish Parliament and for the Welsh Assembly.
- May 6 - Singapore holds 11th general election
- May 17 - Canadian 2011 census
- June 1 - Partial solar eclipse.
- June 16 - Centenary of the establishment of De La Salle University-Manila in the Philippines.
- July 1 - Partial solar eclipse.
- July 1 - Start of the Polish presidency of the European Union.
- July - The International Olympic Committee is set to meet and decide the location of the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- July - The 2011 World Indoor Lacrosse Championship will be held in a TBA location.
- September 11 - 10th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center towers in New York City and The Pentagon in Arlington County, Virginia.
- September 15 - The deadline for the completion of all recommendations made during the 2005 US Base Realignment and Closure round.
- November 25 - Partial solar eclipse.
 Unknown dates
- The Isle of Man will host the IV Commonwealth Youth Games.
- The Asian Winter Games will be held in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- An Irish Presidential Election is due this year.
- The Egyptian Presidential Elections of 2011
- The United Kingdom plans to continue 5-year process to cease analog television broadcasts region-by-region, with Central Television, Yorkshire Television and Anglia Television .
- Dublin Institute of Technology will complete its move to Grangegorman
- The DSM-V is tentatively scheduled to be published
- Microsoft Windows "Vienna" is scheduled for release.
- Rugby Union World Cup is scheduled to be held in New Zealand
- Scheduled completion of Berlin-Brandenburg International Airport, the largest infrastructure project in eastern Germany.
- Scheduled completion of the Freedom Tower in New York City.
- Possible start of manned test flights of both the Crew Exploration Vehicle and Ares I rocket.
 Major religious holidays
- February 1 - Imbolc, a Cross-quarter day (Celebrated on February 2 in some places).
- March 20 - Spring Equinox, also known as Ostara.
- May 1 - Beltane, a Cross-quarter day.
- June 21 - Summer Solstice, also known as Midsummer or Litha.
- August 1 - Lammas, a Cross-quarter day.
- September 23 - Fall Equinox, also known as Mabon.
- November 1 - Samhain, a Cross-quarter day and Neopagan new year.
- December 21 - Winter Solstice, also known as Yule.
cs:2011 cy:2011 de:2011 el:2011 es:Wikipedia:Artículo futuro eo:2011 fo:2011 fr:2011 ko:2011년 hr:2011 id:2011 is:2011 it:2011 la:2011 nl:2011 ja:2011年 no:2011 nn:2011 pl:2011 pt:2011 ro:2011 ru:2011 год simple:2011 sk:2011 sl:2011 sr:2011 sv:2011 tr:2011 tt:2011 zh:2011年