Learn more about 2007
|Centuries:||20th Century · 21st century · 22nd century|
|Decades:||1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s 2030s|
|Years:||2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010|
|2007 by topic:|
|News by month|
|Jan - Feb - Mar - Apr - May - Jun |
Jul - Aug - Sep - Oct - Nov - Dec
|Architecture - Art - Literature - Music (Country, UK) - Film - Television - Home video|
|Elections - Int'l leaders - Politics - State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Science and technology|
|Archaeology - Aviation - Birding/Ornithology - Meteorology - Rail transport - Science - Spaceflight|
|Sport - Australian Football League - Baseball - Football (soccer) - Ice Hockey - Motor Racing - Tennis|
|Africa - Argentina - Australia - Canada - Denmark - India - Iraq - Ireland - Japan - Luxembourg - Malaysia - Mexico - New Zealand - Philippines - Singapore - South Africa - Switzerland - United Kingdom -Wales - Zimbabwe|
|Deaths - Awards - Gay rights - Games - Law - Religious leaders - Video gaming|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
 Expected events
- January 1 -
- European Union issues
- The International Standard Book Number (ISBN) code will increase in length from 10 to 13 digits.
- Russia will be composed of 86 federal subjects instead of 88, as Evenkia and Taymyria are merged into Krasnoyarsk per a 2005 referendum.
- South Korea's Ban Ki-moon will become the new UN Secretary-General, replacing Kofi Annan.
- January 3 - The 110th United States Congress will be sworn in.
- January 18th - The 29th annual Sundance Film Festival is expected to begin in Park City, Utah and end on January 28th.
- January 21 - Parliamentary elections in Serbia.
- January 30 - Microsoft is scheduled to release the latest consumer edition of their new operating system, Windows Vista with its productivity software: the 2007 Microsoft Office System.
- February 3-February 18 - The Alpine World Ski Championships 2007 will be held in Åre, Sweden.
- February 4 - Super Bowl XLI will be held in Miami, Florida.
- February 25 - The 79th Academy Awards will take place at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood.
- February 28 - The New Horizons space probe will make a gravitational slingshot against Jupiter to change its trajectory towards Pluto.
- March 2-March 4 - The 2007 European Indoor Athletics Championships will take place at the National Indoor Arena, Birmingham, England (UK).
- March 3-March 4 - Total lunar eclipse.
- March 11 - Daylight saving time in the United States and most of Canada will begin, four to five weeks ahead of the previous schedule, in accordance with the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
- March 11-April 28 - The 2007 Cricket World Cup will be held in the West Indies.
- March 18-April 1 - The 2007 World Aquatics Championships will be held in Melbourne, Australia.
- March 19 - Partial solar eclipse.
- March 24 - A legislative election will take place in the Australian state of New South Wales.
- March 31-April 2 - The 2007 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament's Final Four will playoff at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia.
- April 14 - The 2007 Sir Arthur Clarke Awards, known as the "Space Oscars", will be presented.
- April 22 - The first round of the French presidential election of 2007 will take place.
- April 23 - Bogotá, Colombia, begins its term as World Book Capital.
- April 26 - Jamestown 2007, the 400th anniversary of the establishment of the first settlement of the modern-day United States at Jamestown, Virginia will be celebrated.
- May 3 - There will be a parliamentary election in Scotland and an assembly election in Wales.
- May 6 - The second round (also called runoff) of the presidential election in France will be held.
- May 12 - The final of the 52nd Eurovision Song Contest will take place in Helsinki, Finland.
- May 16-May 20 - The European Festival of Youth Choirs will be held in Basel, Switzerland.
- May 19 - The 23rd annual United States National Science Olympiad tournament will be held in Wichita State University in Wichita, Kansas.
- May 23 - The UEFA Champions League 2006-07 season final will be held in the Olympic Stadium in Athens, Greece.
- May 27 - Autonomical and local elections in all the Spanish Autonomous Communities except Galicia, Andalusia, the Basque Country and Catalonia.
- May 28-June 2 - The Urdd National Eisteddfod will be held in Carmarthenshire, South Wales
- June 5 - NASA's MESSENGER spacecraft will make its second flyby of Venus en route to Mercury.
- June 6-June 8 - The 33rd G8 summit will take place in Heiligendamm, Germany.
- June 10 - The first round of the legislative election in France will be held.
- June 17 - The second round of the legislative election in France will take place.
- June 20 - NASA's Dawn spacecraft is scheduled to be launched.
- June 26-July 15 - The Copa América 2007 association football tournament will take place in Venezuela.
- June 28 - Start of the Manchester International Festival
- July 1 - Russia will be composed of 85 federal subjects instead of 86 as Koryakia will be merged into Kamchatka per a 2005 referendum.
- July 7 - The host city of the 2014 Winter Olympics will be announced at the General Meeting of the International Olympic Committee in Guatemala City, Guatemala. The three candidates cities are Sochi, Salzburg and Pyeongchang.
- July 7-July 29 - The Asian Cup 2007 association football tournament will take place in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- July 7-July 29 - The 2007 Tour de France will take place; the grand départ will be from London.
- July 13-July 29 - The 2007 Pan American Games will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- July 27 to August 8 - The 21st World Scout Jamboree will take place in Chelmsford, Essex, England.
- Unknown date - An election will determine 121 of the 242 seats in the Japanese House of Councillors.
- August 4-August 11 - The National Eisteddfod of Wales will be held at Mold, Flintshire, Wales.
- August 24-September 2 - The 2007 World Championships in Athletics will be held at Nagai Stadium in Osaka, Japan.
- August 28 - Total lunar eclipse
- August 30-September 3 - The 65th World Science Fiction Convention will take place in Yokohama, Japan.
- September 2 - A general election in Guatemala will elect the president, vice-president, congressmen, municipal mayors and representatives to Parlacen.
- September 7-October 20 - The 2007 Rugby World Cup will be held, primarily in France but with three matches in Cardiff, Wales and two in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- September 8-September 9 - The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation will host its annual city meeting in Sydney.
- September 10-September 30 - The 2007 FIFA Women's World Cup association football tournament will take place in the People's Republic of China.
- September 11 - Partial solar eclipse.
- September 23-September 28- Labour Party Conference in Bournemouth at which the newly elected party leader and Prime Minister will address delegates for the first time.
- October 4 - An election in the Canadian province of Ontario will take place.
- October 27 - An election in Argentina will elect the President and members of the National Congress.
- Unknown date - An election in Pakistan is due.
- 4 November - General Elections will be held in Turkey.
- 4 November - Daylight saving time in the United States and most of Canada will end, one week later than the previous schedule, in accordance with the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
- 14 November - The Channel Tunnel Rail Link from London to the Channel Tunnel is expected to be completed.
- Unknown date - The Large Hadron Collider, a particle accelerator and collider at CERN in France and Switzerland, is scheduled to be switched on.
 Unknown dates
- Wembley Stadium, the National football stadium of England is expected to be completed
- The Republic of Ireland is expected to hold a general election.
- India's 10th Five Year Plan comes to an end.
- Uranus' orbit will be positioned such that the Sun shines directly above its equator.
- The Palm, Jebel Ali, part of the Palm Islands development in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is expected to be completed.
- The Andean Community and Mercosur will fully integrate into the South American Community of Nations.
- A presidential election will take place in Kenya.
- A presidential election will take place in South Korea.
- A legislative election will almost certainly take place in Australia.
- The seventh Harry Potter book is expected to be released.
 2007 in fiction
 Computer and video games
- Mega Man: Dr. Thomas Light is awarded the Nobel Prize for the creation of the Robot Master.
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (2001): Solid Snake boards a vessel in New York City on August 8 to photograph one Metal Gear.
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 (2004): The second Korean War begins.
- Set in 2007:
- Click (2006): Michael Newman (played by Adam Sandler) unwillingly fast forwards himself to 2007, when his next promotion occurs.
- Death of a President (2006): United States President George W. Bush is assassinated on October 19.
- Set in 2007:
- The Forever War (1975): some events take place in 2007
- The Puppet Masters by Robert A. Heinlein (1951): Events take place in 2007, beginning on July 12.
 Television and video series
- Dead Ernest (1980): Ernest (played by Andrew Sachs), is scheduled to die by God in 2007, in bed in Lyme Regis, Dorset, England.
- Macross Zero (2002): The VF-0 variable fighter is tested and events take place in 2007.
- Odyssey 5 (2002): Earth is destroyed on August 7. The consciousness of the surviving crew of the Space Shuttle Odyssey are sent back in time by a being known as The Seeker to prevent the destruction.
- Set in 2007:
 Media franchises
ar:2007 zh-min-nan:2007 nî bg:2007 ca:2007 cs:2007 cy:2007 da:2007 de:2007 et:2007 el:2007 es:2007 eo:2007 eu:2007 fo:2007 fr:2007 fy:2007 ko:2007년 hr:2007 id:2007 os:2007 it:2007 he:2007 ka:2007 csb:2007 la:2007 lb:2007 lt:2007 lmo:2007 hu:2007 mk:2007 mi:2007 ms:2007 nl:2007 ja:2007年 no:2007 nn:2007 pl:2007 pt:2007 ro:2007 ru:2007 год simple:2007 sk:2007 sl:2007 sr:2007 fi:2007 sv:2007 tt:2007 th:พ.ศ. 2550 tr:2007 vi:2007 wa:2007 zh-yue:2007年 zh:2007年