Learn more about 1910
|Centuries:||19th century · 20th century · 21st century|
|Decades:||1880s 1890s 1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s|
|Years:||1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913|
|1910 by topic:|
| Architecture - Art - Film - Literature |
Music (Country, UK) - Television - Home video
|Science and technology|
| Archaeology - Aviation |
Meteorology - Rail transport - Radio - Science
| Australia - Canada - France - Germany - India |
Ireland - Malaysia - Mexico - New Zealand
Singapore - South Africa - UK - Wales - Zimbabwe
|Awards - Sport - Law - State leaders - Sovereign states - Religious leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
 Society of 1910
Secret society at The University of Southern Mississippi. The society exists to better the University. Esse Quam Videri.
- January - In Greece, the Military League forces parliament and George I of Greece to summon National Assembly to revise Constitution.
- January 15 - In the United Kingdom, General Election held in response to House of Lords rejection of the (1909) budget results in reduced Liberal Party majority (Liberals, 275 seats; Labour, 40; Irish Nationalists, 82; Unionists (the title then preferred by the British Conservative Party), 273).
- January 16 - Constant rains in Paris, France, cause the Seine to overflow its banks, flooding the city. All but one line of the Paris Métro become filled with water, effectively draining water from the city.
- February 20 - Boutros Ghali, first native born prime minister of Egypt, assassinated.
- March - Uprising against Ottoman rule breaks out in Albania.
- March 14 - Lakeview Gusher vented to atmosphere.
- March 19 - In America, Republicans reduce the powers of the Speaker of the House of Representatives to influence Committee membership.
- March 30 - Mississippi Legislature founded The University of Southern Mississippi.
- April - Albanian revolt suppressed by Turkish army.
- April 27 - Louis Botha and James Hertzog (James Barry Munnik Hertzog) found South Africa Party.
- April 27 - British House of Commons passes David Lloyd George's (1909) 'People's Budget' for second time; passed by House of Lords, 28 April
- April 29 - Andrew Fisher becomes Prime Minister of Australia for the second time.
- May 6 - George V becomes King of the United Kingdom upon the death of his father, Edward VII.
- May 11 - U.S. Congress establishes Glacier National Park in Montana.
- May 16 - The U.S. Congress authorizes the creation of the United States Bureau of Mines.
- May 18 - The earth passes through the tail of Comet Halley.
- May 31 - creation of the Union of South Africa.
- June - Edinburgh Missionary Conference is held in Scotland, presided over by Nobel Peace Prize recipient John R. Mott, launching the modern ecumenical movement and the modern missions movement.
- June 22 - First flight of Zeppelin airship.
- June 25 - The Firebird by Stravinsky premieres.
- July 2 - Demonstrations in France against public executions.
- July 4 - African-American boxer Jack Johnson knocks out white boxer James J. Jeffries in a heavyweight boxing match sparking race riots across the United States.
- July 24 - James MacGillivray publishes first account of Paul Bunyan in the Detroit News.
- August 14 - fire at World Exhibition in Brussels destroys exhibitions of Britain and France.
- August 22 - Japan annexes Korea.
- August 28 - Montenegro is proclaimed an independent kingdom under Nicholas I.
- September 1 - the Vatican introduces a compulsory oath against modernism, to be taken by all priests upon ordination.
- September 14 - Huo Yuanjia defeated all four of his challengers, one from France, Britain, Russia, and Japan, which boosted Chinese nationalism pride even more.
- September 16 - Australian Treasury given authority to issue currency, replacing the use of the British Pound.
- October 1 - bomb explodes on the Los Angeles Times building - 21 dead, several injured. James B. McNamara and Joseph J. McNamara later arrested and sentenced.
- October 5 - Portugal becomes a republic. King Manuel II of Portugal flees to England.
- October 10 - Tau Epsilon Phi Fraternity is established at Columbia University.
- October 11 - Theodore Roosevelt becomes the first president to ride in an airplane.
- October 18 - Eleutherios Venizelos becomes prime minister of Greece.
- October 23 - Vajiravudh (Rama VI) is crowned King of Siam, after the death of his father, King Chulalongkorn (Rama V).
- November 7 - First air flight for the purpose of delivering commercial freight occurs between Dayton, Ohio and Columbus, Ohio by the Wright Brothers and department store owner Max Moorehouse.
- November 20 - Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero denounces President Porfirio Díaz, declares himself president, and calls for a revolution to overthrow the government of Mexico.
- November 23 - Last execution in Sweden (by guillotine) - murderer Johan Ander
- December - British Prime Minister Asquith makes second appeal in the same year to the electorate to resolve battle of wills with the House of Lords (Liberals, 272; Labour, 42; Irish Nationalists, 84; Unionists, 272 - making a majority of 126 for restriction of the powers of the Lords and for Irish Home Rule).
- December 12 - New York socialite Dorothy Arnold disappears. Her family does not notify the police until six weeks later, after their own investigations fail to produce any results.
- December 16 - Henri Coandă makes first short flight in a plane with a jet engine.
- December 16 - In Houndsditch, London, four (Latvian) anarchists shoot three policemen in botched raid on a jewellers - three are arrested, other members of the gang escape but are later (January 1911) cornered in the 'siege of Sidney Street'.
- December 19 - Edward Douglass White is sworn in as the 9th Chief Justice of the United States.
- January 5 - Jack Lovelock, New Zealand athlete (d. 1949)
- January 7 - Orval Faubus, governor of Arkansas (d. 1994)
- January 8 - Galina Sergeyevna Ulanova, Russian dancer (d. 1998)
- January 12 - Luise Rainer, German-born actress
- January 16 - Dizzy Dean, baseball player (d. 1974)
- January 21 - Albert Rosellini, American Politician
- January 23 - Django Reinhardt, Belgian guitarist (d. 1953)
- January 25 – Edgar V. Saks, Estonian statesman and historian (d. 1984)
- January 29 - Colin Middleton, Irish artist (d. 1983)
- January 30 - C Subramaniam, Indian politician ( d. 2000)
- February 3 - Robert Earl Jones, American Actor father of James Earl Jones (d. 2006)
- February 5 - Francisco Varallo, Argentine footballer
- February 6 - Irmgard Keun, German author (d. 1982)
- February 9 - Jacques Monod, French biologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (d. 1976)
- February 10 - Georges Pire, Belgian monk, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (d. 1969)
- February 13 - William Shockley, English physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1989)
- February 15 - Irena Sendlerowa, Polish Humanitarian
- February 19 - Dorothy Janis, American Actor
- February 27 - Joan Bennett, American actress (d. 1990)
- March 1 - Archer John Porter Martin, English chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2002)
- March 1 - David Niven, English actor (d. 1983)
- March 5 - Momofuku Ando, Japanese Inventor and Businessman
- March 9 - Samuel Barber, American composer (d. 1981)
- March 11 - Robert Havemann, German chemist (d. 1982)
- March 13 - Karl Gustav Ahlefeldt, Danish actor (d. 1985)
- March 23 - Akira Kurosawa, Japanese screenwriter, producer, and director (d. 1998)
- March 25 - Magda Olivero, Italian Soprano
- March 28 - Frederick Baldwin Adams, Jr., American librarian (d. 2001)
- April 10 - Ivan Goff, Australian screenwriter (d. 1999)
- April 10 - Paul Sweezy, American economist and editor (d. 2004)
- April 16 - Eddie Mayo, American Baseball Player
- April 23 - Simone Simon, French actress (d. 2005)
- May 6 - Norman Corwin, American Screenwriter
- May 12 - Johan Ferrier, Suriname President
- May 12 - Giulietta Simionato, Italian Mezzo-Soprano
- May 12 - Charles B. Fulton, American jurist (d. 1996)
- May 12 - Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin, British chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1994)
- May 22 - Johnny Olson, American game show announcer (d. 1985)
- May 23 - Scatman Crothers, American actor and musician (d. 1986)
- May 23 - Artie Shaw, American clarinetist and bandleader (d. 2004)
- May 28 - T-Bone Walker, American singer (d. 1976)
- May 30 - Ralph Metcalfe, American athlete (d. 1978)
- May 30 - Inge Meysel, German actress (d. 2004)
- June 8 - Fernand Fonssagrives, French photographer (d. 2003)
- June 12 - Bill Naughton, British playwright (d. 1992)
- June 13 - Mary Whitehouse, British TV campaigner (d. 2001)
- June 14 - Rudolf Kempe, German conductor (d. 1976)
- June 17 - H. Owen Reed, American Composer
- June 18 - E.G. Marshall, American actor (d. 1998)
- June 19 - Paul Flory, American chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1985)
- June 22 - Peter Pears, English tenor (d. 1986)
- June 23 - Jean Anouilh, French dramatist (d. 1987)
- June 23 - Peaches Browning, American actress (d. 1956)
- June 23 - Gordon B. Hinckley, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- July 2 - Lorne Carr, Canadian Hockey Player
- July 4 - Gloria Stuart, American actress
- July 11 - Irene Hervey, American actress (d. 1998)
- July 14 - Vincent Brome, English biographer and novelist (d. 2004)
- July 14 - William Hanna, American animator (d. 2001)
- July 17 - James Coyne, Canadian Bank of Canada Governor
- July 18 - Mamadou Dia, Senegal Prime Minister
- July 29 - Julien Gracq, French Author
- July 30 - Edgar de Evia, American photographer (d. 2003)
- August 4 - Anita Page, American actress
- August 7 - Lucien Hervé , Hungarian born French Photographer
- August 10 - Aldo Buzzi, Italian Architect, Director and Screenwriter
- August 14 - Willy Ronis, American Photographer
- August 14 - Pierre Schaeffer, French composer (d. 1995)
- August 23 - Lonny Frey, American Baseball Player
- August 25 - Dorothea Tanning, American Artist
- August 27 - Mother Teresa, Albanian nun and humanitarian, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (d. 1997)
- August 28 - Tjalling Koopmans, Dutch economist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1985)
- September 3 - Kitty Carlisle Hart, American singer and actress
- September 3 - Maurice Papon, French Official and Nazi collaborator
- September 16 - Erich Kempka, chauffeur and bodyguard of Adolf Hitler (d. 1975)
- September 16 - Karl Kling, German race car driver (d. 2003)
- September 23 - Elliott Roosevelt, American author and World War II hero (d. 1990)
- October 1 - José Enrique Moyal, mathematical physicist (d. 1998)
- October 7 - Henry P. McIlhenny, American art collector, socialite, philanthropist and the chairman of the Philadelphia Art Museum (d. 1986)
- October 8 - Ray Lewis, Canadian runner (d. 2003)
- October 10 - Julius Shulman, American architectural photographer
- October 12 - Bob Sheppard, American announcer
- October 12 - Robert Fitzgerald, American poet and translator (d. 1985)
- October 13 - Otto Joachim, German-born Canadian Composer
- October 14 - John Wooden, American basketball coach
- October 19 - Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, Indian-born physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1995)
- October 27 - Jack Carson, Canadian actor (d. 1963)
- November 8 - Denis Mahon, British Art Historian anc Collector
- November 13 - William Bradford Huie, American journalist, editor, publisher and author (d. 1986)
- November 14 - Eric Malpass, English novelist (d. 1996)
- November 19 - Griffith Jones, British Actor
- December 1 - Alicia Markova, English ballerina (d. 2004)
- December 4 - Ramaswamy Venkataraman, Indian President(1987-2002)
- December 7 - Edmundo Ros, Trinidadian Musician
- December 11- Hari Singh , Inspector General of Forests of India (d. 2003)
- December 15 - John Hammond, American record producer (d. 1987)
- December 18 - Eric Tindill, New Zealand Cricket Player
- December 19 - Jean Genet, French writer (d. 1986)
- December 29 - Frank Abbandando, American gangster (d. 1942)
- December 29 - Michel Aflaq, Syrian political theorist, founder of Ba'athism (d. 1989)
- December 29 - Ronald Coase, British economist, Nobel Prize laureate
- December 29 - Konsta Jylhä, Finnish violinist (d. 1984)
- December 30 - Paul Bowles, American author (d. 1999)
- January 5 - Léon Walras, French economist (b. 1834)
- January 27 - Thomas Crapper, English inventor (b. 1836)
- March 26 - An Jung-geun, Korean assassin of Japanese
- April 21 - Mark Twain, American novelist (b. 1835)
- April 26 - Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson, Norwegian writer, Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1832)
- May 6 - King Edward VII of the United Kingdom (b. 1841)
- May 18 - Pauline Garcia-Viardot, French mezzo-soprano and composer (b. 1821)
- May 27 - Robert Koch, German physician, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (b. 1843)
- May 29 - Mily Balakirev, Russian composer (b. 1837)
- May 31 - Elizabeth Blackwell, first female physician in the United States (b. 1821)
- July 4 - Giovanni Schiaparelli, Italian astronomer (b. 1835)
- July 4 - Melville Fuller, Chief Justice of the United States (b. 1833)
- July 12 - Charles Stewart Rolls, British aviator and automobile manufacturer (b. 1877)
- July 19 - Johann Gottfried Galle, German astronomer (b. 1812)
- August 13 - Florence Nightingale, English nurse (b. 1820)
- September 2 - Henri Rousseau, French painter (b. 1844)
- September 17 Hormuzd Rassam, Iraqi archaeologist (b. 1826)
- October 15 - Stanley Ketchel, American boxer (murdered) (b. 1886)
- October 17 - Julia Ward Howe, American abolitionist and poet (b. 1819)
- October 23 - King Chulalongkorn of Siam (b. 1853)
- October 30 - Jean Henri Dunant, Swiss founder of the Red Cross, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (b. 1828)
- November 6 - Giuseppe Cesare Abba, Italian patriot and writer (b. 1838)
- November 15 - Wilhelm Raabe, German writer (b. 1831)
- November 20 (N.S.) - Leo Tolstoy, Russian writer (b. 1828)
 Nobel Prizes
- Chemistry - Otto Wallach
- Literature - Paul Heyse
- Medicine - Albrecht Kossel
- Peace - Permanent International Peace Bureau
- Physics - Johannes Diderik van der Waals
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to:|
ar:1910 an:1910 ast:1910 av:1910 az:1910 be:1910 bs:1910 br:1910 bg:1910 ca:1910 cv:1910 cs:1910 co:1910 cy:1910 da:1910 de:1910 et:1910 el:1910 es:1910 eo:1910 eu:1910 fo:1910 fr:1910 fy:1910 ga:1910 gd:1910 gl:1910 ko:1910년 hy:1910 hr:1910 io:1910 ilo:1910 id:1910 ia:1910 os:1910 is:1910 it:1910 he:1910 ka:1910 csb:1910 kw:1910 sw:1910 ht:1910 (almanak gregoryen) ku:1910 la:1910 lb:1910 lt:1910 lmo:1910 hu:1910 mk:1910 ms:1910 nl:1910 ja:1910年 nap:1910 no:1910 nn:1910 nrm:1910 nov:1910 oc:1910 pl:1910 pt:1910 ksh:Joohr 1910 ro:1910 ru:1910 год se:1910 sq:1910 ru-sib:1910 scn:1910 simple:1910 sk:1910 sl:1910 sr:1910 sh:1910 fi:1910 sv:1910 tl:1910 tt:1910 te:1910 th:พ.ศ. 2453 tr:1910 uk:1910 uz:1910 vec:1910 wa:1910 zh:1910年