Learn more about 1300s BC
(Redirected from 1300 BC)
 Events and trends
- Cecrops II, legendary King of Athens, dies after a reign of 40 years and is succeeded by his son Pandion II. Pandion II was later driven into exile from Athens by the sons of Cecrops II's brother (or possibly nephew) Metion, so that Metion could take power. Pandion II fled to Megara, where he married the King's daughter and eventually inherited the throne. After his death, Pandion II's sons returned to Athens and drove out the sons of Metion.
- 1307 BC - Adad-nirari I becomes king of Assyria.
- 1303 BC - Seti I becomes Pharaoh of Egypt.
- 1300 BC — Pangeng moved the capital of Shang Dynasty to Yin.
- c. 1300 BC - Rise of the Urnfield culture.
- c. 1300 BC - 1200 BC - Lioness Gate, Mycenae, Greece, were made.
- c. 1300 BC - 1200 BC - Treasury of Atreus, Mycenae, Greece, was built. Excavated by Christos Stamatakis in 1878.
- c. 1300 BC - 1200 BC - The Citadel of Tiryns, Greece, was built.
- c. 1300 BC - 1200 BC - The palace at Pylos was built.